Saturday, November 13, 2010

endings and beginnings

This week I 'attended' a number of mini-conferences. Some inspirational, some thought provoking, and some entertaining; thank you all fellow learners for your time and energy in putting so much of yourselves into the preparation. We have been transported from India, to a boat cabin in a marina somewhere in America I cannot remember, and don't know how to leave this to find out, but I guess that doesn't matter too much. What matters is what was the facilitation experience felt like, was I engaged, and what is my next response? I am grateful to our trio of triers who combined Skype and imeet which provided an opportunity to reflect on this paper. I am also grateful that I have been offered so sessions that have added to my list of 'things to do at the end of the course'.
It seems to me each of us have had our challenges [perhaps not in the truck load that Mark et al] had to deal with, and come through.

Can I say for the record the imeet experience whilst frustrating at times demonstrated clearly how vital experience and confidence with technology won through to provide not only those who managed the entire time but also those who were unable to do so, a session which richly demonstrated facilitating on-line; WELL DONE THAT TEAM!!!!!

Then there was the c0-facilitation from a cabin and a bedroom with I think at least 2 screens running to allow both strands of conversation to take place, WOW.

I have already blogged about e-kerela, that was inspiration on a totally different level.

So where does put me, not leave please note; put me. It puts me in a place I have not been in before from a paper or a qualification. It puts me in charge of my future [on-line]. I have the tools to create that you see; I am quite a beginner on-line but not in the role, so I don't expect upskilling to take too long. I can clearly see that age on-line is really no barrier, really only tools and motivation. to be continued later

3 comments:

  1. Its so exciting to read when someone says they feel in charge of their online future...if FO2010 has achieved nothing else, this is a wonderful output.

    Jane: don't forget to link to other blog posts...in this case, the post where you mentioned e-kerela...link back to the post you wrote.

    cheers Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now here's the thing, I don't know how to do it, it looks very clever. If you have a mo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially for you: http://screenr.com/WHc

    ReplyDelete