Tuesday, November 2, 2010

eportfolios must be a journey

I have just re-listened to the voice thread presentation by Coach Carole. When I first started OF2010 I had grand thoughts about doing the eportfolio course as well, ofcourse I took too much on and needed to walk before I ran. Now, as I near the end of OF2010 I see a new opportunity for the use of eportfolio's and being able to support them with online facilitation in a specific area that has for years produced poor results for the resources expended.
So; note to Jane, enrole in the next course Coach Carole runs and learn more, and... have a look at Mahara.

3 comments:

  1. My question to you , Jane, is....why bother with an ePortfolio platform...why not make this blog your ePortfolio...feeding in your reflections & activities from places like YouTube, Slideshare etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah well, good point and I will be using my blog for Interfaces, but I am working on securing another funding stream, once I have secured this it will come with the need for the trainees I will be involved in to keep portfolio's to demonstrate competency as they develop their skill sets, but for me perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, it would be brilliant to have you join our course in 2011 - we'll be running it from February through to March. I think that it helps to immerse in a journey about and through eportfolios to thoroughly understand their full potential. Just a this course has immersed us in the journey towards mastery of facilitation online the Reflect and Connect course focusses on reflective practice and the gathering of evidence for an innovative showcase of your capabilities. Your blog may become one of the focal points within your eportfolio - a vehicle for your reflective practice.

    ReplyDelete